A special welcome to the wonderful team at Hello Jo who share 5 simple things you can do at work to help you feel calmer!
So how do you bring the calm to the office?
Our top 5 tips to Mindful Mondays:
1. Consciously intend to have a calm, focused day
2. Do one thing at a time - complete it, and only then move on to the next thing
We’re often hostage to our divided attention, especially at work with so much going on around us. So make the effort to focus on one thing at a time - only when it is completed should you move on to the next thing.
Calmly slow your thoughts and actions down until you can concentrate - after a while the process become natural and you’ll naturally start to accomplish more.
3. Take pleasure in your work if possible and be present with others
It’s all too easy to joylessly complete a task, after all, it’s work! But try to appreciate something done well, a meaningful moment, unexpected praise or the presence of colleagues.
And aim to be the beacon for others, giving them suitable compliments or stopping to laugh when you have time. If someone’s telling you something, actively listen to what they’re saying and they’ll appreciate it.
4. Place stickers around your desktop to bring your awareness back to the present
5. At the end of the day, congratulate yourself on your growing mindfulness
Written by Hello Jo | Wellness & Self-Growth