Summer is here and there is nothing quite as satisfying as a easy to make, yummy salad. Here is a quick recipe exclusively from Lucy at The Deli Kitchen for a Kale & Broccoli Salad with Thai Peanut Dressing.
1 bunch of Kale
1 head of Broccoli
1 Red Pepper
1 Spring Onion
50g Raw Peanuts
1 bunch of Coriander
1 bunch of Mint
1 small red Chilli
You can use a small blender/magimix if you have one. Otherwise all can mixed by hand.
20g Salted Peanuts
120ml Sesame Oil
120ml Tamari Soy Sauce
120ml Coconut Milk
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Chilli Flakes
2 Keffir Lime Leaves
1 Lemongrass Stalk
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Small piece of Ginger
1. Cut the broccoli into small florets and cook for 1 minute in a pan of boiling water. Chill under cold water once cooked, strain and set aside.
2. Wash the kale and remove the leaves from the stem, chop roughly.
3. Finely slice the red pepper, red chilli and spring onion.
4. Lightly toast the raw peanuts in an oven at 180°C until golden, chop roughly.
5. Roughly chop the mint and coriander.
6. Combine all ingredients with the beansprouts and set to one side. Keep some peanuts and herbs aside for the garnish.
7. Finely shop the salted peanuts, lime leaf, lemongrass, garlic and ginger.
8. Zest and juice the 2 limes.
9. Mix all the remaining ingredients together (sesame oil, tamari, coconut milk, cumin, chilli flakes). Add the lime zest and juice.
10. Either blitz all ingredients together in a blender or mix by hand.
11. Mix half with the salad and drizzle the remaining on top, garnish with the mint, coriander and peanuts.