Salted Raw Cacao Paste Tart Recipe Recipe
- 90g of smooth almond butter
- 80g of mixed nuts (unroasted hazelnuts and almonds work well here)
- 100ml of virgin coconut oil, melted and cooled
- A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 400ml of full-fat coconut milk
- 90g of Elements for Life Virgin Criollo Raw Cacao Paste, chopped into small pieces
- 60g of Elements for Life Raw Cacao Powder plus extra for dusting
- 3 tablespoons of Sweet Freedom
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of Himalayan pink salt, plus extra for dusting
- Freeze-dried berry powder for dusting, such as Arctic Power Berries in Cranberry or Lingonberry
1. Start off by preparing the smooth nutty base. Blend the nuts in a food processor to a crumbly texture and then add in the rest of the ingredients. Blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor to make sure everything is well incorporated. You should have a smooth paste at this stage.
2. Pour into your tart base which is lined with greaseproof paper. Set in the fridge for 1 hour.
3. To make the rich raw cacao filling start off by heating your coconut milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
4. Once simmering, add in your chopped Virgin Criollo Raw Cacao Paste and stir gently until fully incorporated. The smell is divine at this point!
5. Once fully mixed in, add in the rest of the ingredients and whisk well until you have a smooth and rich filling, turn off the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
Interested in Cacao Ceremonies? Head to the Elements for Life Cacao Community Facebook page to find out more.
Elements For Life make an award winning range of raw chocolate products, all free from dairy, gluten, soya and refined sugars.
With nothing artificial and packed full of goodness.