Create these no-bake, nutritious protein disk snacks for post-workout nutrition at home!
Sexy Feast came about very organically. Having only small breaks at work to eat, I found myself snacking on protein bars, trying to be well behaved but getting in the nutrients I required. These quickly got very boring as most of them tasted like wallpaper paste, were far to dense, and I didn't want to eat the sugary excuses parading around as health food bars.
Here's my recipe for you to make your own wholesome, healthy protein discs that are natural, avoids artificial additives and uses organic ingredients where possible.
Sexy Feast Protein Disks
Makes 24 disks
Protein - 7.9g
How To Make Sexy Feast Disks:
1. In a large bowl, add the oats, chocolate protein, chia seeds, cranberries and pistachios.
2. Break the dark chocolate into small pieces and place on top of the bowl.
3. In a pan on a very light heat, add water, peanut butter, honey and coconut oil.
4. Stir until combined (roughly 1 min).
5. Pour the warm mixture into the bowl directly over the chocolate and give it 20 seconds for the chocolate to soften.
6. Use your hands to kneed the mixture together until everything is thoroughly combined.
7. Roll the mixture into a large sausage and place on a flat baking tray. 8. Use a rolling pin to flatten to half an inch thickness in a square shape.
9. Place baking paper or tin foil over the top of the tray and place in the fridge for at least 1hour. 2 or 3 hours would be even better!
10. Remove from the fridge and cut into disks or what ever shapes you like!